The Finland Oman School offers pre-school (KG1 & KG2), primary and secondary education in a bilingual speaking environment. The school welcomes applications for admission from all nationalities. For the school year 2021–2022, admission is open for KG 1 through grade 12.
Every student that applies to the school goes through the admissions placement process, which includes relevant screening tests and diagnostic tests. The purpose of the admissions placement process is to make sure that every child will be placed in the most appropriate grade level based on their skills, after consultation with parents. It is also to ensure that the school has got the right resources to handle exceptional learning requirements manifested by students.
English proficiency is also assessed during the admissions placement process in order to identify possible needs for language support programmes. Language support programmes will be an integral part of subjects, and they will be defined in individual education plans, and will be carried out through differentiation.
Screening will be based on holistic evaluation of each child’s learning requirements. In the admissions placement process, the school will equally value academic, social, emotional, and motor skills, as well as behaviour.
- First, we need to assess the level of your child.
- Please make a reservation for your child’s assessment here.
- Bring the required documents below on your scheduled visit to the school.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ADMISSION
(Applications cannot be processed until all documents have been received)
- End of Year report.
- Term 1 report if student is registered for second term.
- Copy of the student’s birth certificate.
- Copy of the student’s passport.
- Copy of the parents’ ID.
- Four recent passport-sized photographs.
- Copy of the student’s vaccination card.
- A copy of the student’s medical record if applies.
- A copy of the student’s medical report ( Grade 1 only ).
- A copy of valid visa page & a copy of the residence card for non-Omanis, except GCC Nationals.
- MOE portal transfer letter from previous school.
Following the results of the screening and diagnostic assessments, a formal acceptance letter will be sent to you identifying the grade and learning level and any support programme(s) as evaluated by our experts during the assessments . You will be given 7 working days to sign and return the acceptance letter, along with the registration fee of 300 OR.
Students joining the school are placed in a given grade level according to their age in the early years. The cut-off date that determines grade placement is June 30. The age of the student and grade entrance follows this scheme that it is based on the regulations issued by the Ministry of Education:
|KG 1||3 years and 2 months or older by the 30th of June|
|KG 2||4 years and 2 months or older by the 30th of June|
|Grade 1||5 years and 2 months or older by the 30th of June|
|Grade 2 – Grade 12||– Students are accepted in the school as per the current level registered in the Ministry of Education Portal- Grade level of overseas students are determined by Certificate Equivalency Department at the Ministry of Education
– For further inquiries please contact our registration team.
|KG1 – KG2||3,000 OMR|
|Grades 1 – 2||3,300 OMR|
|Grades 3 – 4||3,630 OMR|
|Grades 5 – 6||4,000 OMR|
|Grades 7 – 8||4,400 OMR|
|Grades 9 – 10||5,200 OMR|
|Grades 11 – 12||6,240 OMR|
|Fees applicable to new students||KG1 – Gr12|
– Assessment fees are due at the time of assessment.
– The seat must be confirmed by completing the registration process within 10 working
days after receiving the acceptance letter.
Late Payment Fees: A surcharge of RO 25/- will be levied on each child’s outstanding fee that remains unpaid one calendar month after the due date. An additional surcharge of RO 25/- will be applied for each additional month.